Labels

Monday, December 3, 2018

Clue 2 of Good Fortune Mystery

Clue 2 is now in progress. Had to take a little 2 day off due to a migraine brought on by the shift in the weather. Unfortunately I can tell when the weather is going to change in a big way...by my head😬Lucky for me I have a medicine that’s supposed to help but it’s SUPER EXPENSIVE so I only take it if its really bad but I waited a little too long before I took it so I paid the price. 😬

Oh well, today was better so I managed to get a few dozen of my HST’s done.πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ’ͺ🏼

I tried a couple different methods that included Bonnie’s Essential Tool and my Accuquilt die cutter. Although my die wasn’t the exact size I needed I can still trim them down to the EXACT size they should be, which might be better for me in the long run.
 With the Essential toolπŸ‘πŸ»



Some of my purple HST’s ready for pressing on my Steamfast 680....I don’t think I will ever be without one of these. I love how easy it is to press blocks without having to worry about distorating them. And his model has 5 heat settings: nylon, silk, wool, cotton and linen. I usually use the wool setting for my cottons. The cotton setting gets pretty dang hot ans I don’t want to take a chance and scald whatever I’m working on. 

πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

 With the Accuquilt die system. These will need to be trimmed down to the specific size needed. I know I can trim them down with my Easy Square ruler but since I’ve been taking a series of classes using the Deb Tucker rulers I’m probably going to use one of my Tucker Trimmers. 
I wasn’t sure about using PURPLE πŸ’œ in the place of the blue but I think it’s going to be just fine. Besides I had a lot more purple in my stash than I did blue so why not. https://quiltville.blogspot.com/2018/12/mystery-monday-link-up-part-2.html

No comments:

Post a Comment